The life of your digital monitors can be extended by following these maintenance guidelines (always defer to a specific manufacturer guideline, but here are the basics from us!)
Commercial Digital monitors vary greatly in size, shape and use, but they all have at least one thing in common: they must be properly taken care of to ensure that they continue to perform their intended function through and perhaps even extend past their warranty!
We are talking typically low maintenance commercial monitors, built for consumer environments – but there are a few things to know to get the most out of your investment.
This article discusses some general maintenance tips for digital monitors (yup, that’s some cleaning) – this will help keep your equipment working at optimal levels for years to come.
“Have your professional maintain any fans on the kiosk/computer/monitors quarterly or twice a year to keep them running smoothly”
Off to a Good Start! You will want to be sure that your monitors are set up correctly and working properly, so that you won’t run into any problems with them down the road- we recommend working with a professional!
Having a maintenance agreement in place will allow for seamless operations and you won’t have to remember; after all you are a busy business owner – leave it up to integrators like us!
Windex and other window cleaners are not on the approved list of products to use on your digital monitor. Chemicals inside these types of products will ruin the monitors.
Clean your monitors regularly
The surface of your monitor is where the image is displayed. Dust and other debris can affect image quality and cause damage. Here are some additional tips you need to remember:
- Keep your monitor in good shape through proper care
- Dust and clean every month to keep debris from building up on the screen.
- Avoid placing it near sources of heat and moisture (such as a heater or air conditioner), this could cause damage to internal components
- If you have a touch screen, consider your daily protocol based on the environment…
- Have your professional maintain any intake and fans on the kiosk/computer/monitors quarterly or twice a year to keep them running smoothly. Indoor and outdoor alike.
- Seasonally pay attention to where your sprinkler system is located and pointing.
- High pressure washing is not permitted and may void the warranty. Do not cover the inlet or outlet for proper airflow, exhaust, and cooling.
How to clean:
- First make sure that there are no visible chunks of dirt debris like grease or rocks/pebbles
- Clean only with a microfiber cloth (paper towels, tissues, and other materials can scratch the surface of your monitor and cause damage)
- Never spray liquid directly onto the surface of your monitors
- Use a microfiber cloth with distilled water and wipe gently in straight lines from top-to-bottom then left-to-right (or vice versa).
- If you like to use a product we recommend TSItouch Touch Screen Cleaner
Concluding (you can’t clean paper)!
Digital monitors can be a great asset to your business, but it’s important to take care of them properly. Servicing your investment will elongate your ROI with cost of ownership over time and save you money in the long run!
Want to be part of a case study? Click here and let’s get started or just give us a call 971-270-0705